Lomi lomi massage is a traditional Polynesian technique that bears repeating. Literally. That's because the term lomi lomi (or "lomilomi") means "massage," but in this case it refers to a spiritual technique based on the Hawaiian philosophy of "huna," and how it relates to our bodies.
In strict terms, huna means "secret," but it has come to define a broad and complex set of beliefs that encompass philosophy, teachings, bodywork practices such as massage, and energy flow. The goal is to find harmony in every aspect of our lives.
Similarly, Hawaiian lomi lomi massage -- or "Loving Hands" massage -- defies easy definition, because the ritualistic therapy is, according to most practitioners, such an instinctive, free-form technique. Consider this explanation:
Hawaiian massage or LomiLomi massage can bring very significant shifts in your life experience, allowing you freedom from old patterns of limitation and more of the natural happiness and freedom of being.
. Cleanse and detoxify, enhancing all homeostatic systems and organs of your body.
· Invites deep relaxation of your body and mind.
· Opens your muscles and joints.
· Encourages harmony, your sense of well being and balance.
· Increases awareness of the pleasure of being in your body.
· Energises and revitalises your life force.
· Enhances your circulation, improving skin and hair and muscle tone and improves posture.
· Induces inner calm and clarity in you, and new direction and insight for your life.
· Builds your confidence, vitality and self-esteem.